Some of the ski areas that are no longer active are
- Val Verde outside Angel Fire
- Ski Rio outside of Costilla
- Powder Puff and the Woodlands in Red River
- Ski Sugarite near Raton
- Cedar Creek and Eagle Creek near Ruidoso
- Agua Piedra near Sipapu
- Sawyer’s Hill near Los Alamos
- Hyde State Park near Santa Fe
- Singing River Ranch near Questa.
A few hills that did have chairlifts, but were tourist rides that no longer survive are
- Raton Skyride on Raton Pass
- Zuzax near Sedillo Hill east of Tijeras.